Food Should Taste Good!

Food Should Taste Good!
Food Should Taste Good!

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Yeast Bread


I don't know about you, but I love Bread Stuffing at Thanksgiving!
I can no longer have the Glutino or Udi breads I used 2 years ago for stuffing because of the potato starch.
So, Erika and I set out to make a good recipe that we can use for bread rolls, or just a  loaf of bread.
We have not tried to shape a loaf, but we did do rolls. 
After our 3rd try, we feel this recipe is really good!

I hope you enjoy it!

YEAST BREAD ROLLS

1 1/3 cup very warm (not hot) water
2 TLB sugar (you can omit or substitute honey)
2 Tsp yeast
(mix together and set aside for about 5 minutes)

1 3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp salt
1 TLB olive oil
2 tsp xantham gum

1 egg beaten

Mix the dry ingredients together well, add oil, egg and yeast mixture.

Stir well.  You will not necessarily need to knead it, as it will be so sticky.
Instead just stir vigoriously.

Preheat oven to 400ยบ

I placed dough into greased mini muffin tins.  It made 36 mini rolls.
For larger rolls it will probably make 18
or 1 loaf of bread

Let rise for about 45 minutes.

An option is to use 1/4 cup of butter melted with garlic powder and
drizzle on rolls before baking.

I used the drop spoon method, for a more uniform roll, grease hands and roll into small balls.
This is the recipe I will use to make bread crumbs for stuffed mushrooms and bread stuffing for Thanksgiving. :)
ENJOY!

If you try it, be sure and drop a line saying what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

wonderful thoughts from my readers