Food Should Taste Good!

Food Should Taste Good!
Food Should Taste Good!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gluten Free-Nightshade Free Chex Mix

Gluten Free-Nightshade Free Chex Mix

We love to have Chex mix during the holidays, but this year, after going night-shade free that was going to be rather difficult, as Worstershire sauce contains night shades. :(

So I have been experimenting for a few weeks. :)

I just used the side of the Worstershire bottle to see what they use.  Some of the ingredients I can't use because they contain night shades, but I added one to make up for the taste.

So here is what I came up with:

4 TLB black strap molasses
1/4 cup of rice vinegar
2 tsp salt (I used one because salt is a problem for me)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp white pepper
3 TLB butter
1/2 box rice chex
1/2 box corn chex
(or just rice chex alone)
Melt butter in microwave safe dish.
Mix all ingredients except chex into large Microwave safe bowl.
Stirring well
Add chex and coat evenly!

You can cook them in the oven on a cookie sheet or in the microwave.
In the oven, the temp should be 325 and stir every 15 minutes until crispy
In the microwave,  1 min. 30 seconds, take out and stir and then repeat
about 4 times.
(it will be cruncy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

wonderful thoughts from my readers