Food Should Taste Good!

Food Should Taste Good!
Food Should Taste Good!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gluten Free Stuffing

Gluten Free Bread Stuffing


I figured since Thanksgiving is almost upon us, I had better get to experimenting!

Here is my Gluten Free Bread Stuffing Recipe :

8 slices Udi Bread toasted and torn up in 1 inch pieces
2 mushrooms sliced (I used larger white cap mushrooms but not giant ones)
1 stalk of celery diced up
1/2 onion diced
1 egg
1/4 cup of butter melted
3/4 cup of gluten free chicken broth
2 TSP sage
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp parsley
4 oz of ground pork sausage (great value brand is gluten free)

If you want it more moist, use 1 cup of broth.


combine all DRY  ingredients and stir
add melted butter
well beaten egg
sausage
3/4 cup broth

stir well and put in baking dish
(I am using a 10x9, but I think an 8x8 may be better. (I just don't have one) :)

Bake at 350ยบ covered for 45 minutes
I almost forgot to take a picture! LOL
And, it tastes great, it really does!
It was my first attempt to make regular bread stuffing.

This recipe is not nightshade free because the Udi bread contains potato starch. Working on a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

wonderful thoughts from my readers