Food Should Taste Good!

Food Should Taste Good!
Food Should Taste Good!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gluten Free Egg Drop Soup

Gluten Free Egg Drop Soup

I don't know about you, but I really REALLY enjoy a nice bowl of Egg Drop Soup.  I haven't had an egg until our date last week,  in over 4 months, so I figured it was ok to make some delicious soup. :)
Mike and I went to P.F. Changs and had soup last week and ever since I was wanting some more!

So I fiddled around in the kitchen and came up with this recipe! It is wonderful!

            GLUTEN FREE EGG DROP SOUP
4 cups of chicken broth (organic gluten free) (reserve 1/3 cup for cornstarch)
1/4 large carrot diced into small pieces
1 green onion chopped
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
2 TLB corn starch
2 large beaten eggs

Pour all ingredients except corn starch and eggs into a pot and heat to a rolling boil.
Stir in beaten eggs to spread around. They cook instantly.
Mix the 1/3 cup of NON HEATED chicken broth with the corn starch until smoothe and then pour into soup stirring until it thickens a bit.
Serve HOT.

For non gluten free eaters, you can use the chinese noodles to put on top of the soup.
For gluten free eaters, it is just as good plain, or you can use fried rice sticks.
I just ate it plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

wonderful thoughts from my readers