Food Should Taste Good!

Food Should Taste Good!
Food Should Taste Good!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pecan Praline Cheesecake

Cheese Cake Step By Step

PECAN PRALINE CHEESE CAKE
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs beaten
1/4 tsp creme of tartar
dash of salt
1/4 cup butter melted (unsalted)
1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
(mix all ingredients together and pat into bottom of spring form pan, OR baking dish of choice)

Cheesecake filling
3 eggs
3 pkg of creme cheese
1 cup of sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp creme of tartar


Beat eggs with mixer until yellow and frothy.
Add sugar, vanilla, cream of tarter and and creme cheese. (at room temperature)
Blend until smoothe.

Pour onto pecan mixture.

Bake at 350ยบ (preheated oven) for 1 hour 10 minutes or until sides begin to turn a golden brown

Remove from oven and cool for about an hour.  Cover and refrigerate for several hours.

I adjusted this recipe to improve it.  I omitted the whipping creme and added another package of cream cheese and an extra egg.  I also increased the sugar from 2/3 cup to 1 cup to make up for the extra creme cheese and egg. It turned out wonderfully.... more dense and stable.




 This is the Pecan crust.  I put it in the spring form pan first.

Next, I beat the eggs until very yellow and frothy.
Now I add creme cheese one package at a time and blend until smoothe.
Add all the other ingredients except whipping creme
This is when whipping creme is added, but you only stir just until it is well blended.    NOTE: I omitted the heavy whipping creme this time to see If I can have a denser cheesecake.
 Somebody is waiting for a beater to lick. :)

 Now I spoon the mixture onto the pecan mixture in the pan.




 Place in middle rack of 350 degree preheated oven.  Place a pan of water under the cheesecake.
This is what it looks like when it first comes out of the oven.  It will settle down and cool and then you have to make it get cold!
I'll take a picture of it tomorrow before we eat it. :)
HERE IT IS! :)

It was wonderful..... I tweaked the recipe and it turned out great...I'll change the recipe to reflect my tweaking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

wonderful thoughts from my readers