Food Should Taste Good!

Food Should Taste Good!
Food Should Taste Good!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gluten Free-Night Shade Free- Dairy Free Pizza

Gluten Free- Night Shade Free- Dairy Free Pizza......

A friend told me about a recipe for an alternative to tomato based pizza sauce.  I checked out the recipe, but didn't like how some of the ingredients were put together.
So experimentation began!
I came up with a pizza sauce that can be tweaked based upon spices to fit many different recipes.  My family  could not tell it wasn't tomato based.

I used 1 small beet, roasted and shredded.  1 small carrot shredded.  I sauteed the carrot in some olive oil until it was tender, and added the beet and all these spices.
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Basil
Salt
Pepper
(all to taste)
I put it all in a blender and blended it to death. :)  And added water for better consistency.... ( to make it more spreadable)

The Pizza dough is easy.....

1 1/3 cup hot water
a packet of yeast
1 tsp sugar
mix all together and let it sit.

Add.... 1 tsp xantham gum
to 2 cups of brown rice flour and 1 cup of tapioca flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 TLB sugar
Mix all together.... and knead until very well kneaded...
about 5 minutes by hand....
Roll in olive oil and cover to let sit and rise

Spread in well greased pizza pan.
bake at 400º for about 10 minutes.

After baking...
Add sauce, any toppings you like (that you can have)
and then add Rice Cheese.
I like the Mozarella rice cheese. It is very good.

Bake at 400º for about 20 minutes or until everything is nice, hot melted and the crust is duly browned. :)

I have not had pizza since last September because of a Night shade issue... ( no tomatoes, potatoes, or peppers of any kind ( except pepper corns)  no eggplant, or paprika)
This was so fun to have once again! :)
I really love experimenting!

If you try it, drop a line and let me know! :)
ENJOY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

wonderful thoughts from my readers