Food Should Taste Good!

Food Should Taste Good!
Food Should Taste Good!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A New Stir Fry Combo

A New Stir Fry Combo

I used Rice noodles; the thin kind.  Sometimes they are referred to as Rice Sticks.  Cooked them like noodles in boiling water, drained and set aside. Do NOT overcook!  5 minutes seems to be enough time.
In the wok, I put about 3 TLB olive oil, frozen broccoli, and thawed shrimp.  As it cooked I added 2 TLB of finely chopped basil, 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts,  2 Tsp lime juice, and some braggs liquid aminos. (gluten free soy sauce replacement, low sodium compared to soy sauce)

I stir fried it all together and then took out the veges and shrimp.  I took 1 tsp of corn starch in a little cold water to make it smooth and then added it to the wok, to thicken the sauce.  Put all the ingredients back together and then serve right away over rice noodles. 

Everybody REALLY liked it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

wonderful thoughts from my readers