Food Should Taste Good!

Food Should Taste Good!
Food Should Taste Good!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Christie M's Chocolate Coffee Pecans

What can I make with these ingredients??


I decided to try an idea for Christmas.  Chocolate Coffee Nuts.  In my experiment I used pecans and almonds I had left on hand.  I liked it so much the first time, I won't be tweaking it. :) However, I think the flavor is best with pecans. 


So here is the general recipe:

Christie M's Chocolate Coffee Nuts
3 cups of raw nuts (your choice, but I found pecans to be best)
1/3 cup Folgers Crystals (I used decaf)
1/3 cup of sugar

add a little bit of water at a time  stirring, until a syrup is formed. (the consistency of maple syrup)
Spread nuts on jelly roll pan and pour syrup over nuts coating them. 
Roast at 300ยบ F for about 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
Turn out onto parchment paper, separate  and allow to cool.

In a microwave safe dish, melt chocolate (either chocolate chips or melting chocolate)
I used about 1/2 cup.  Pour nuts into container and stir, coating nuts.  Turn back onto parchment paper and allow to cool and dry.
Break apart and keep in airtight container.
The note below is from Celiac.com
(I have not had a reaction to Ghirardelli Chocolate)




Ghirardelli Chocolate
. According to the company, Ghirardelli only produces one product that contains gluten (its Luxe Milk Crisp singles and bars, which contain barley malt). However, all its other chocolate bar products, including the Intense Dark, Luxe Milk, and Squares chocolates (the ones filled with flavors like caramel and raspberry) are made on the same lines. The company does clean the lines between products.
Here is the finished product ready to give for gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

wonderful thoughts from my readers